Friday, November 12, 2010

Okay, so the Deceptively Delicious lasagna was a hit with 3 out of 4 of us again... I've decided Ian is just going to eat what he wants to eat, WHEN he wants to eat it.  He's 3.  Eventually, we'll have more influence on him.  Last night, I put spinach and red pepper purees in the spaghetti sauce, and it was DELICIOUS.  Ian took one bite of his beloved spaghetti and hated it. I would be inclined to think he knew about it because he's overheard us talking about it or seeing it go in, but no... he was sleeping as I cooked.  So no way.  The kid just has hypersensitive taste buds... hey, he comes by it honestly!  I could identify olive purees in spaghetti sauce back in the day!  :p

So we're back to square one... I'll sneak veggies in where I can, when I can... otherwise, I'm not going to worry about it.  We didn't eat too poorly before Deceptively Delicious came into our lives... committing to COOKING rather than eating out is half the battle, I think... and that's definitely something I can do.  I made Splenda/applesauce brownies that were a hit, so I can still sneak 'em healthy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment